Poll: Frisbee, Hula Hoop top toys of all-time
WHAM-O recently announced that an online poll by “The Toy Guy” found the Frisbee and Hula Hoop to be the best toys of all-time.
The Toy Guy, Chris Byrne, conducted the poll during the month of February. He asked voters to choose their favorites from a list that included Frisbee, Hula Hoop, Slinky, Barbie, Yo-Yo, Monopoly, Mr. Potato Head and a handful of other classic toys.
“The online poll results show the timeless appeal of outdoor fun that has been the defining spirit of all of WHAM-O’s toys and sporting goods over the past 60 years,” said Chris Guirlinger, vice president of marketing at WHAM-O in a release. “Hula Hoop and the Frisbee are two leaders in WHAM-O’s legendary brand family that have become an integral part of the fabric of American society, right alongside baseball and apple pie.”
Byrne said the results show the need for classic toys even in today’s marketplace.
“It’s no surprise that these toys would win our poll. No matter how much technology dominates contemporary play, there’s still room for classic play,” said Byrne in a release. “This is the play that remains a fundamental part of our culture and creates experiences and memories that last a lifetime.”
The poll results come as WHAM-O celebrates its 60th Anniversary.
– Matt Price
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 26051Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 17463Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 8771OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 8410Oklahoma State football: Mike Gundy lifts Wes Lunt restrictions, but too late
- 8211UPDATE: I-40 reopened at Shields after fatal wreck
- 7989Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale
- 7271Oklahoma State football: A stunning success story at the box office
- 6160Get App-y: Google Glass to offer heads-up computing
- 5551Prosecutors say stolen car was at heart of 2011 fatal shootings in Oklahoma City
- 4750Team Blake's Danielle Bradbery wins "The Voice"; The Swon Brothers finish in third place
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients