ComicsPRO meeting: Jeff Smith of Cartoon Books
LAS VEGAS — Writer/artist Jeff Smith spoke at the annual ComicsPRO membership meeting about the publishing plans for his all-ages classic “Bone” and his new, mature readers project “RASL.” Smith also said plans are in the works to continue exploring Bone’s world.
“Bone,” originally printed in black and white, is being remastered into color for Scholastic. Seven of the nine graphic novels have been remastered into color, and according to Smith, Scholastic has sold 2,481,500 of those graphic novels in the last three years. The No. 1 place these books sell is as part of the book fairs held in schools.
Smith said he wants to continue the adventures in the valley where the “Bone” adventures took place, with possible appearances by supporting characters. These would be chapter books set in the valley, written by Tom Sniegowski and illustrated by Smith. The book would be aimed at tweens.
“Treasure Hunters” and “Crown of Horns,” the final two of the “Bone” graphic novels, are being reworked by Scholastic. “Treasure Hunters” is near being printed, now, and “Crown of Horns” is planned for an early 2009 release. Smith said he’d like to follow that up with a boxed set of the color editions.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 22176Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 12149Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 10702Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 8951Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 8805Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 8651Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 8107Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 7311Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 7062Oklahoma tornadoes: Sooners bring back some smiles to Sydney Angle's teammates
- 6971UPDATE: Search continues for boy, 17, missing in Uncle John Creek in Kingfisher
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients