Oni Press announces big “Barry Ween,” “Tek Jansen” #2
Oni Press has announced its solicitations for June, 2008.
In addition to new issues of “Love the Way You Love,” “Wasteland” and “Resurrection,” Judd Winick’s “Barry Ween” gets collected. All 12 issues are put together in a $19.95 softcover. Barry Ween is a super-genius, foul-mouthed kid who conducts experiments, travels through time, and battles strange creatures in this hilarious mature-readers comic.
Also, the long-awaited “Tek Jansen” No. 2 is scheduled for a June 25 release, with a re-release of issue No. 1 planned for June 18. Based on the adventures of a fictional character created by Stephen Colbert, “Tek Jansen” is clever space-fantasy parody. Oni says, about issue No. 2: “Galaxy-hero-super-awesome-spectacular-ultra-spy Tek jansen takes it back to school in his second cosmic comic book adventure!
When a misunderstanding ends with a demotion for Tek, the spaceman is busted down and forced to return to the academy that shaped him into the man he is today! Don’t miss out on the comic book that’ll have you exclaiming, ‘Apollo Creed!’”
– Matt Price
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 24190Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 13456Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 11113Tom Ward is out as SandRidge's CEO
- 10453UPDATE: I-40 reopened at Shields after fatal wreck
- 7895Oklahoma State football: A stunning success story at the box office
- 6976Oklahoma State football: Mike Gundy lifts Wes Lunt restrictions, but too late
- 6568Prosecutors say stolen car was at heart of 2011 fatal shootings in Oklahoma City
- 6301Get App-y: Google Glass to offer heads-up computing
- 6165Team Blake's Danielle Bradbery wins "The Voice"; The Swon Brothers finish in third place
- 4992Will Oklahomans get on board with new water toy?
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients