“Zoo Tycoon 2 DS” leaves originality caged up
From Friday’s The Oklahoman:
By Matthew Price
Assistant Features Editor
THE NEXT LEVEL
Zookeeper wannabes wait for a portable sequel to the popular “Zoo Tycoon” title is over — however, gamers will be disappointed. “Zoo Tycoon 2 DS,” for the Nintendo DS, isn’t much of an upgrade.
In the Zoo Tycoon series, gamers can build the park of their dreams. Designers can pick from dozens of animals, even exotic species. Gamers must match the correct vegetation and terrain for each animal for a successful habitat. Available animals hail from several different continents and range from ordinary to exotic to over the top. If a zoo is wealthy enough, it can even afford a prehistoric dinosaur for its collection.
Zoo designers can add educational buildings, as well as practical structures such as restaurants, gift shops and rest rooms to their parks. Keeping the zoo fiscally sound is essential for raising funds to build new exhibits and import new animals. Gamers can adjust admission prices, vendor prices, research funds and more. Gamers are also responsible for hiring staff to care for the animals and the zoo grounds.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 57337Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 14801Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 9259Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 7518Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 6644Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 6577Rock, pop, country acts give talents and time to help Oklahoma tornado victims
- 6568How to help tornado victims
- 6479Carrie Underwood donates $1 million to Red Cross for disaster relief in wake of deadly Oklahoma tornadoes
- 6305Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 5197Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients