Quotes from Bennett and Durant
“It’s a different situation than I thought because Ray Allen is not a part of the team anymore unfortunately,” Durant said in a telephone interview from New York. “But I really never got to meet Ray, so it really doesn’t hurt as much as if I would have known him.
“I thought he was going to be there. He’s a great player, and I would have loved to learn from him. But now I’m on the team and I can’t wait to be a part of it.”
“I don’t think I’m ‘The Man,’” Durant said. “I would say that I’m willing to work hard and hopefully one day I could be a key contributor to the team. But as far as ‘The Man,’ I don’t think I’m the man.
“I’m just going to go in there and work hard, and whatever my coaches need me to do I’ll do. It really doesn’t matter. I know my teammates are going to help me out. I just can’t wait to start.”
“I’ve known Jeff for awhile now, and I really didn’t expect him playing with me,” Durant said. “Jeff is very versatile. He can play (small forward, power forward, center or shooting guard). I just can’t wait to get out there and play with him.”
VIDEOS FROM NBA TV
Buy Tickets View all
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 17776Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale - performance episode
- 14796Oklahoma storms: Profile of Life: Megan and Case Futrell
- 11428Police shoot, kill man holding child hostage in Midwest City
- 11084'Firehouse' in Oklahoma City's Deep Deuce is set to become new home
- 10542Norman man threatens Oklahoma Gov. Fallin's 'child' and local sheriff in emails
- 9183Dillon Overton rips former Sooners coach Sunny Golloway on Twitter
- 8337OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 6864Red meat might be delicious, but not as nutritious
- 6373Brad Lund granted two-year lease to Taft Stadium for soccer team
- 5941Was Special Treatment Given in Oklahoma Vice Mayor DUI Traffic Stop?
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients