Quick Sonics Update
A hearing in the Sonics’ case was scheduled to begin about two hours ago. No news yet on what came out of that hearing. Something tells me that it won’t be much. I don’t expect the judge to make a ruling today on the arbitration vs. litigation dispute. I do think we’ll hear something next week, though. We’ll see.
According to a report in the Seattle Post-Intelligencer, the American Arbitration Association declined to hear the Sonics’ case in Denver if the federal court judge does rule that the dispute is arbitrable. The Sonics think they could get a better shake if the case wasn’t in Washington. Can’t blame them for that. Expect for the part in the use agreement that specifically says disputes must be resolved in King County.
As for the actual basketball team, the Sonics take on the drama-filled Lakers this evening in Bakersfield, Calif., home of Sonics center Robert Swift. He likes tattoos. Also a good story on him in the Bakersfield paper. Kobe Bryant is expected to play tonight. He is also expected by some to be traded any day now. Should be an entertaining game for the preseason. It’s on TNT at 9 p.m., which means Charles Barkley and the gang is back. Basketball season is almost here.
- Darnell Mayberry
VIDEOS FROM NBA TV
Buy Tickets View all
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 19883Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 16750Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 12000Rx drug bills sent to Oklahoma governor
- 11023Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 8434Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 8422Tulsa man tells police he smashed woman's head with machete in self-defense
- 7521Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 6223Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 5055Oklahoma City psychiatrist fined $25K for letting students write prescriptions
- 4821Will a MAPS 4 initiative involve a football stadium downtown?
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients