Still waiting…and waiting!
I expected a decision on the litigation vs. arbitration issue to be announced today. Everyone I’ve spoken with about it said the announcement could be made today, and if not then definitely on Tuesday. So we wait.
It’s agonizing waiting for this Washington judge to announce his ruling. What makes it worse is that he’s two hours behind Oklahoma time, which means it could be announced at 6 O’clock any day, just when I think I’m calling it a night. Something tells me that will be how this all plays out, which would tack on three more hours to a long day.
I just can’t wait for it all to be over. Someone on our staff asked this morning, ‘How long could this all drag out?’ A quick-thinking co-worker of mine immediately responded, “2010.” That’s the cold, cold truth of the matter. It’s not much fun “covering” a team that plays 1955.7 miles away. That’s right, I looked it up. That’s how far it is from the Ford Center to KeyArena.
Now that I’m done complaining. The good news is the NBA season begins in about 24 hours. The doubleheader of TNT on Tuesday night starts with Portland at San Antonio followed by Houston at Lakers. The second game should be a great game with Kobe v. T-Mac and all. I’m excited.
I’m headed to Seattle on Wednesday to (really) cover the Sonics’ home opener against the Suns. Expect the game to be a distant 10th on the list of things you might read about. The arena issue is the story. As for the game, there’s a good chance Durant will not play. Also a good story about Kevin Durant in the Seattle Times. Apparently he likes to open his home to little kids. But not in a Michael Jackson kind of way.
VIDEOS FROM NBA TV
Buy Tickets View all
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 11753Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 10515Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 9760Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 9740Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 6752Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
- 4200Oklahoma tornadoes: 27 remain hospitalized from tornadoes
- 4065Oklahoma tornadoes: Sooners bring back some smiles to Sydney Angle's teammates
- 3847Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 3762Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 3552OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients