Sonics fall to 0-2
SEATTLE — The outcome was about as predictable as a superhero flick. The Sonics hung in there for three and a half quarters before the Suns just tightened up at both ends and ran away with the win. While the Sonics were looking for a go-to guy late, guys like Marcus Banks and Steve Nash and Grant Hill and Amare Stoudemire made sure to seal it on offense. Raja Bell did his thing to seal it defensively, coming up with a big charge call on Durant in the final three minutes. While you can’t ask for too much out of Durant, he looked to be too passive in the second half. He had 18 at the half and sat on 22 for much of the final 24 minutes. He drilled a baseline jumper and a deep 3 from the top of the key to give him his final total of 27. He deferred way too much. At some point, though, he will learn to take over like he used to do at Texas. He tried during that brief five-point stretch. But that was all he had. For now, he’ll need more help from his teammates. He’ll still be a star.
VIDEOS FROM NBA TV
Buy Tickets View all
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 12798Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 12779Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 12087OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 10010Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 8450Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 6619Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 6098Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 5063Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 4898Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 4189'Hatchet hitchhiker' arrested after attorney found dead
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients