A Small Development With The Sonics
The relocation committee that will ultimately approve or deny the Seattle Sonics’ move to OKC has been appointed.
In the group is Miami Heat owner Micky Arison, Lakers owner Jerry Buss, Warriors owner Chris Cohan, Nets part owner Lewis Katz, Pacers co-owner Herb Simon, Sixers chairman Ed Snider and Spurs owner Peter Holt.
Two of the more interesting members of the group are Peter Holt and Lewis Katz. Sonics owner Clay Bennett was a part of the Spurs ownership group that included Holt in the early 90s before Holt acquired majority interest. Wonder what kind of relationship they have today? Katz is an interesting addition because he and the other Nets owners are in the process of moving the team to Brooklyn, where an estimated $3.5 billion sports arena and business and residential complex is being built. I would think Bennett would have Katz’s support.
In other Sonics news, Seattle Times columnist Steve Kelley wrote a piece in Sunday’s paper, crying out to Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer for help in keeping the Sonics in Seattle. Worthy of a look.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 90847Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 29552Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 26325Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 8457Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 7892Fatal fire: Two arrested in Oklahoma City death of 7-year-old boy
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients