Hornets at Mavs tonight
I’m going to the game tonight at American Airlines Center in Dallas to catch up with the Hornets. Check back here throughout the game for a live blog of all the action. Tip is 7:30. The game will be broadcast on FSN here in Oklahoma.
Things aren’t looking good for the Hornets right now. They’re injured again. First they lost Peja Stojakovic (strained groin) and Morris Peterson (strained back muscle), and now Melvin Ely (fractured left eye socket). Don’t know exactly what that last one is but it sounds painful. Apparently, Kenyon Martin elbowed him in the head Wednesday night in Denver.
Ely is definitely out, but Peja and Peterson reportedly have a chance to play tonight after practicing full speed Thursday. Chris Paul is healthy and so is David West and Tyson Chandler, so the Hornets should have a decent chance with that trio. The Mavs haven’t played well at all lately. They were blown out the other night by the Raptors in Toronto (92-76).
A few notes….
Hornets are 14-8. Mavs are 14-9.
Chris Paul scored 33 points with 12 assist and nine rebounds in the last meeting, a 112-108 Hornets win, their first in eight years.
Dallas is 9-2 at home. New Orleans is 8-3 on the road.
VIDEOS FROM NBA TV
Buy Tickets View all
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 72395Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 14464Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 8451Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 7239How to help tornado victims
- 6453Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort
- 6316Rock, pop, country acts give talents and time to help Oklahoma tornado victims
- 6292Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 6021Carrie Underwood donates $1 million to Red Cross for disaster relief in wake of deadly Oklahoma tornadoes
- 5304Details emerge about memorial service for Oklahoma tornado victims
- 5155Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients