DALLAS — Just got out of the locker rooms for both the Hornets and Mavs. As for the game, Peja and Morris Peterson are both playing. That’s should help the Hornets.
Coach Byron Scott was asked if he misses Oklahoma and had this to say.
“Not right now. Not with that storm they got over there.”
He later went on to talk about how he loves the state and still calls all the time because his daughter still lives in the state. He said he called her this afternoon…..”I love the city of Oklahoma City,” Scott said. “The people treated us extremely well. And that’s something that we’re never going to forget.”
Coach Scott was always one to speak his mind about things. He said crowd support, or lack thereof, matters. As for the players, not many of them wanted to touch the attendance situation in New Orleans. Some said is doesn’t matter. Some admitted that it is a factor.
Peja did bring up what seemed to be a good point about professional athletes being locked in once the ball is thrown up and everything that’s not on the court is a blur. It sounds feasible, but obviously unless you’ve played the game you don’t know if it’s true.
VIDEOS FROM NBA TV
Buy Tickets View all
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 38644Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15211Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 9740Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 9154Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 8873Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 7777Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 7381Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 7081Carrie Underwood donates $1 million to Red Cross for disaster relief in wake of deadly Oklahoma tornadoes
- 5938Oklahoma tornadoes: Sooners bring back some smiles to Sydney Angle's teammates
- 5914Rock, pop, country acts give talents and time to help Oklahoma tornado victims
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients