Mo Baker on the NBA radar?
Great update on the plight of former OSU guard Maurice Baker, who is reportedly turning heads with his play in the NBA Developmental League. In this short ESPN.com piece about Baker, Chris Sheridan writes that several NBA general mangers could use the versatile guard as a backup right now.
Baker has impressed scouts and GMs over the past several days throughout the D-League showcase in Boise, Idaho, where all 14 D-League teams gather for two games apiece over four days. In his first game, Baker had 41 points on 12 of 17 shooting (17 of 17 from the foul line) with six assists, six steals and no turnovers. He was matched up against Chicago Bulls second-round pick JamesOn Curry.
The next game, Baker scored 27 points with four steals, four assists and 15 rebounds while going head-to-head with Cavaliers second-year guard Shannon Brown.
Sheridan points out that teams such as Cleveland, Boston, Golden State, Toronto and Denver could use him.
Since Baker, now 27, played for the Cowboys he has played over in Lithuania, Turkey, Mexico, Syria and Russia. He’s also had brief regular season stints with the LA Clippers and Portland Trail Blazers as well as summer league appearances with the Miami Heat, New Jersey Nets and Phoenix Suns.
VIDEOS FROM NBA TV
Buy Tickets View all
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 88863Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 16945OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 12611Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 12094Clippers' Donald Sterling hints coach let go to keep Chris Paul
- 9737Oklahoma tornado: Names of dead released; missing individuals located
- 9076Oklahoma tornadoes: Red Cross text donations not designated for Oklahoma
- 8890Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8829How to help tornado victims
- 8583Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 7041Excessive speed, alcohol, operator inattention contributed to fatal boat crash, report states
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients