More Stern words
Know those terrible Storms that hit much of Oklahoma and Texas on Tuesday, cancelling flights and causing severe flooding? Well yours truly was a victim. I had an early Tuesday morning flight from Houston back to OKC but, after sitting in an airport for seven hours, never got on that flight. I’m still stuck in Houston as I type this at 5:30 p.m. on Wednesday evening from a booth at Panera Bread. At any rate, that explains the absence. A few news and notes….
NBA Commissioner David Stern called Seattle’s last-ditch efforts to renovate KeyArena for $300 million a “PR stunt.”
The Oklahoman’s Berry Tramel writes that the Sonics ownership groups holds all the cards in their attempt to flee Seattle.
Some Oklahoma City Council members are again voicing their concern with the city-owned but NBA-use-only practice facility.
Also while I was out of commission, the Sonics got spanked, the Rockets’ historic win streak ended, the T-Wolves owner called out a future hall of famer and the Western Conference standings remained as tight as ever.
I’m rolling with the Heels in my bracket. Who you got?
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 101218Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15357OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 13402Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8724Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 8110How to help tornado victims
- 8098Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8041Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort
- 6720Oklahoma tornadoes: Oklahoma singer packs tour bus with donations for storm victims
- 6515Oklahoma tornadoes: Red Cross text donations not designated for Oklahoma
- 5990Oklahoma tornadoes: Tornado leaves family members in two hospitals and one dead
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients