Seattle Mayor fires back at Stern
Seattle Mayor Greg Nickels has responded to the latest attacks on Seattle by NBA Commissioner David Stern.
Earlier this week, Stern called Seattle’ government and business leaders’ last-minute attempt to buy the Sonics and renovate KeyArena a “PR stunt.”
Nickels pointed the finger back at the NBA.
“This is not a government problem. This is an NBA business model that’s broken,” Nickels said. “This is a league that’s in danger of becoming nomadic. They have team (the Sonics) that has been in place for 41 years. It’s been a successful franchise. It’s never had to move, and if the business model is broken, I think the NBA ought to look in the mirror.”
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 81135Read live updates from the May 20 Moore tornado
- 32459Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 7786Tornado in Oklahoma City suburb causes destruction
- 5720Police: School near OKC directly hit by tornado
- 5362Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 3318Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients