In Monday’s editions of The Oklahoman, we’ll be running the best team names and uniform designs for Oklahoma City’s prospective NBA team that have been sent in by readers over the past few weeks.
The package will be prominently displayed in our Main Event section, which is a two-page spread. Be sure to check it out next week. I’ve combed through a few of them and there are some pretty good ones. I’m still waiting on hearing a better team name than the Oklahoma City Energy. I hate Thunderbirds. It can’t get any worse than Tornadoes. Outlaws, Bandits and Oilers don’t do it for me either.
But here’s my top 10 NBA uniforms:
10) Memphis Grizzlies: The combination of blues is a good look.
9) Golden State Warriors: There’s just something about their yellow on blue road uniforms.
8 ) Boston Celtics: They’ve kept it simple. The alternative green on black is progressive but still classic.
7) New York Knicks: A lot of history and tradition in that orange and blue.
6) Chicago Bulls: It’s good brand management when you don’t change the threads that Jordan popularized.
5) Philadelphia 76ers: Each set of their uniforms are impressive, but the black set is hands down the best.
4) Miami Heat: The way they weave the logo throughout the unifrom is hot. Pardon the pun.
3) Atlanta Hawks: There was a lot of criticism of their new unis, but I like them. They look like the future of uniforms.
2) Denver Nuggets: Their powder blue and gold combo is sweet.
1) Minnesota Timberwolves: There’s no topping their alternate black jerseys.
Here’s my worst five:
5) Dallas Mavericks: The logo is great, but the unis leave more to be desired. Especially the home whites.
4) Utah Jazz: OK, so this one isn’t fair. It’s hard to get fired up about anything dealing with Utah.
3) Washington Wizards: My favorite team has awful jerseys. Period.
2) Charlotte Bobcats: Whoever designed those orange uniforms should be fired.
1) Milwaukee Bucks: I’m all for honoring history. But the new color scheme makes the old purple look genius.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients