A couple of interesting things around the Web worth noting. First, here is the entire piece TNT’s Inside the NBA did on the Save Our Sonics efforts out of Seattle. Part 1 and Part 2. It’s really a nice piece. That Jim Huber is something else.
Sticking with the Sonics theme, there was apparently a big controversy following the team’s home game last Friday against Houston when the players were supposed to give away their shoes. According to this story, several Sonics players didn’t want to be bothered.
There was also a good story in the Seattle Times last week about Kevin Durant and Jeff Green planning on going to summer school in the off-season to work toward their degrees. Durant obviously left Texas after his freshman year. Green left Georgetown following his junior season.
You can hear this new rock song that has been released about Seattle fan angst in the face of the potential relocation of the Sonics to Oklahoma City. It’s nearly seven minutes long and I can’t understand but about five words. But that’s just me. It’s worth noting that the song is called “Fortyone.” The lyrics can be found on the same page once you click on the above link. That’s the second Sonics song that I know of that has been penned throughout this whole saga.
Check out this South Florida Sun-Sentinel story about Memphis point guard Derrick Rose possibly being a good fit with the Miami Heat. The Heat currently have the NBA’s worst record, which means they’ll have the best chance to get the No. 1 overall pick in June’s draft. With the league’s second worst record, the Sonics have the second best chance. In this Sun-Sentinel piece, there is a line that says Dwyane Wade has already hinted that his preference is for the Heat to take Rose if the team lands the top selection.
Here, you can check out Yahoo Sports’ Johnny Ludden’s thorough breakdown of how the West might be won.
And here’s my story on the timeline for improvements to the Ford Center and the construction of the NBA practice facility.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 19883Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 16750Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 12000Rx drug bills sent to Oklahoma governor
- 11023Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 8434Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 8422Tulsa man tells police he smashed woman's head with machete in self-defense
- 7521Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 6223Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 5055Oklahoma City psychiatrist fined $25K for letting students write prescriptions
- 4821Will a MAPS 4 initiative involve a football stadium downtown?
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients