Chris Paul Q&A
New Orleans Hornets guard Chris Paul took media questions at his annual basketball camp today, the second of the three-day camp. Paul, who finished runner-up for MVP this year, was excited to be back in OKC, where he played his first two seasons. He talked about wanting to keep the camp going and went as far as to say he’s hoping the Sonics come to OKC just so it gives him a chance to return to the city up to twice each year during the regular season. Here’s the entire transcript of his press conference.
Q: What does it mean for you to be back in OKC?
A: It’s great to be back. Three days of camp. First time back since our preseason game here, and what I came back for is what it’s all about, the kids.
Q: Why do you want to keep coming back here and doing the camp?
A: It gives me an opportunity to come back to the city first of all. After my first year, I wondered if I’d do a camp. As long as the kids are going to come and have fun and enjoy it I’m going to do the same. So hopefully even next year I can continue to do it because I love to come out here.
Q: Have you had a break this summer?
A: Not yet. This is part of my break right here. I just try to get away and have fun with these kids and the counselors. That’s what it’s all about.
Q: Is making the Olympics your next goal?
A: Yeah, to find out if I make the Olympic team. Hopefully I find out sometime this week. If I do that will be the next task.
Q: Are you keeping an eye on the Sonics news and their possible move to OKC?
A: It was on the news the night before last. I think I saw Gary Payton there and stuff like that. Me, I actually kind of hope the Sonics come here because it would give me an opportunity to come back to the city. Hopefully we’ll play them twice a year here in
Q: What do you think about the long-term viability of OKC?
A: For the two years we were here it was unbelievable. So there’s no doubt about it that
Oklahoma City can support the team. So whatever happens it’s going to be fun.
VIDEOS FROM NBA TV
Buy Tickets View all
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 90847Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 47098Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 30921Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims
- 10724Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 8728Bounty hunters look for bail jumpers, fugitives on the streets of Oklahoma City
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients