Brook Lopez to the Sonics?
More than three hours remaining before the start of the NBA Draft and the Seattle SuperSonics have reportedly agreed to a trade that will see them swap draft picks with the Los Angeles Clippers, ESPN’s Ric Bucher is reporting.
Under the reported trade, the Sonics will send the No. 4 overall pick to the Clippers and receive L.A.’s No. 7 pick. Ford reports the Sonics are likely to take Stanford center Brook Lopez at No. 7 or Arizona guard Jerryd Bayless. The Clippers are expected to take Indiana guard Eric Gordon at No. 4.
There was no mention of what else the Sonics would get from the Clippers for allowing them to move up. A future first-round pick, the Clippers’ second-round pick (35th overall) or cash are likely options. The Clippers seemingly don’t have much talent on their current roster that the Sonics would be interested in. Al Thornton would be the most likely candidate, but the Clippers drafted him 14th overall in the 2007 draft and he doesn’t fit a need for Seattle with incumbent young forwards Kevin Durant and Jeff Green.
VIDEOS FROM NBA TV
Buy Tickets View all
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 19471Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 14514Tom Ward is out as SandRidge's CEO
- 10937UPDATE: I-40 reopened at Shields after fatal wreck
- 9667Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 8444Will Oklahomans get on board with new water toy?
- 7027Oklahoma State football: A stunning success story at the box office
- 5625Oklahoma State football: Mike Gundy lifts Wes Lunt restrictions, but too late
- 5257Get App-y: Google Glass to offer heads-up computing
- 4924Prosecutors say stolen car was at heart of 2011 fatal shootings in Oklahoma City
- 4923Team Blake's Danielle Bradbery wins "The Voice"; The Swon Brothers finish in third place
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients