OKC Represented on Olympic Select Team
Oklahoma City’s Kevin Durant and Jeff Green have been named to a 10-player USA Basketball Men’s Select Team that will help the USA Senior National Team prepare for the 2008 Beijing Olympics.
Oklahoma City coach P.J. Carlesimo was named the coach of the USA Select Team.
The Select Team also includes Portland’s LaMarcus Aldridge, Houston’s Luther Head, Atlanta’s Al Horford,Philadelphia’s Andre Iguodala, Sacramento’s Kevin Martin, Memphis’ O.J. Mayo, Chicago’s Derrick Rose and Detroit’s Rodney Stuckey.
The team will begin training in Las Vegas on Sunday and is expected to train and scrimmage against the USA Senior National Team from July 21-24.
“As we have been fortunate to convey in the past, it is an honor for members of our organization to be involved with USA Basketball,” said Oklahoma City general manager Sam Presti.
Preliminary round play of the 2008 Beijing Olympic Games will be held Aug. 10-18. The gold and bronze medal games are Aug. 24.
VIDEOS FROM NBA TV
Buy Tickets View all
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 21736Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 17602Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 12531Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 9970Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 9708Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 9584Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 7184Tulsa man tells police he smashed woman's head in self-defense
- 7150OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 6514Rx drug bills sent to Oklahoma governor
- 5059Will a MAPS 4 initiative involve a football stadium downtown?
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients