OKC signs C.J. Miles to offer sheet
Oklahoma City has signed Utah guard C.J. Miles to an offer sheet, according to a league source with knowledge of the team’s negotiations.
The terms of the deal remain unclear, but the offer is expected to start at more than the $1.2 million Miles was set to earn with Utah next season. Because Miles is a restricted free agent, the Jazz will have seven days to match the offer sheet for the 6-foot-6, 220-pounder.
Miles, 21, is entering his fourth season after declaring for the draft out of high school in 2005. The former 34th overall pick has career averages of 4.0 points, 1.3 rebounds and 0.8 assists in 120 games, 29 as a starter.
Known as a perimeter shooting threat, Miles is a career 32.6-percent shooter from behind the 3-point line and holds a career high of 29 points.
If the Jazz decline to match Oklahoma City’s offer for Miles, he would join Kevin Durant, Jeff Green and Russell Westbrook as the team’s building blocks for the future.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 13758Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 9630Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 9095Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 8238Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 6533Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
- 6005Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 5369Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 4740Oklahoma tornadoes: Sooners bring back some smiles to Sydney Angle's teammates
- 4592Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 4132Oklahoma tornadoes: 27 remain hospitalized from tornadoes
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients