OKC nickname coming Sept. 3
It will have been a full two month wait, but the new Oklahoma City NBA franchise is set to announce its team name, colors and logos on Wednesday, Sept. 3, the team announced today.
The name, colors and logo will first appear on the team’s Web site, www.nba.com/oklahomacity, at 5 p.m. central time next Wednesday. The team also will hold a simultaneous unveiling event at the franchise’s headquarters at Leadership Square in downtown Oklahoma City.
The uniform designs will not be released next week.
Following the event, new team merchandise will be on sale immediately in the team’s store on the building’s ground floor. It will be the only retail location fans can purchase merchandise next Wednesday.
I think we’ll all be shocked if the name is anything but Thunder at this point. Mike Baldwin will have more details in Thursday’s editions of The Oklahoman and on-line at NewsOK.com.
In other news, OKC forward Nick Collison talks about the relocation and his feelings about leaving Seattle, where he has played for his entire career and will continue living in the off-season. You can read his thoughts here.
VIDEOS FROM NBA TV
Buy Tickets View all
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 402At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 378Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 347How to help tornado victims
- 247Read live updates from the May 20 Moore tornado
- 147Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 93Twitter reaction from the sports world on the Moore/OKC tornadoes
- 52Social media used to send prayers and condolences to Oklahoma in wake of deadly tornadoes
- 51Oklahoma twister tracked path of 1999 tornado
- 35High schools: Practices called off long before tornado hit Moore
- 32Expert rips Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation's handling of murder case
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients