Say hello to the 2008-09 season
My Vikings fell to 1-3 today and looked terrible doing it, and I’m getting creamed this week in my fantasy league. But, hey, Thunder media day is Monday so my spirits aren’t too low. The season is here, and I’m excited for it. After a year without the NBA in OKC, we’re finally about to see some ball being played inside the Ford Center again.
News and information on the Thunder will pick up considerably starting Monday afternoon when the players and coaches meet the media for the first time. I’ll post continuous observations from media day here throughout the day Monday, and our Thunder coverage will be extensive in The Oklahoman and on NewsOK.com from here out.
In Monday’s paper, I explain why fans should temper their expectations for rookie point guard Russell Westbrook, who isn’t likely to post overly impressive statistics. As you’ll read in the paper Monday, only five point guards in the past 10 NBA seasons have averaged at least 12 points and six assists: Chris Paul, Kirk Hinrich, Steve Francis, Mike Bibby and Jason Williams. Paul and Francis (co-winner with Elton Brand) won the Rookie of the Year award in their respective debut seasons. Of course, here’s a guy who has the complete opposite take on Westbrook and says he’s going with R.W. or O.J. Mayo to win Rookie of the year.
VIDEOS FROM NBA TV
Buy Tickets View all
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 17700Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale - performance episode
- 13947Oklahoma storms: Profile of Life: Megan and Case Futrell
- 11336Police shoot, kill man holding child hostage in Midwest City
- 10871'Firehouse' in Oklahoma City's Deep Deuce is set to become new home
- 10364Norman man threatens Oklahoma Gov. Fallin's 'child' and local sheriff in emails
- 10094Dillon Overton rips former Sooners coach Sunny Golloway on Twitter
- 6825OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 6766Red meat might be delicious, but not as nutritious
- 6423Oklahoma football: New assistant Bill Bedenbaugh discusses state of OU's offensive line
- 6208Brad Lund granted two-year lease to Taft Stadium for soccer team
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients