Permanent Practice Facility Site Selected
SACRAMENTO, Calif. – The site of the Thunder’s permanent practice facility has been tentative selected, the team announced Friday.Pending certain evaluation and testing, the site will be an eight acre tract of land at Britton Ave. and Broadway Extension in northeast Oklahoma City currently owned by Kickingbird Medical Building, LLC.
The City Council on Tuesday will consider a proposal for an early entry agreement with the property owner to conduct a due diligence evaluation, inspection and survey of the property to ensure its viability, according to the team’s release.
The practice facility is expected to be completed in time for the 2010-11 NBA season. The Thunder’s is currently using a temporary facility in north Oklahoma City.
The new facility will cost approximately $20 million, funded by the extension of a 1-cent sales tax Oklahoma City voters approved in March to raise approximately $121 million to fund Ford Center improvements and the permanent training facility.
VIDEOS FROM NBA TV
Buy Tickets View all
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 21361Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 10815Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 8633Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 8589Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 8336Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 7789Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 7697Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 7169UPDATE: Search continues for boy, 17, missing in Uncle John Creek in Kingfisher
- 6790Oklahoma tornadoes: Sooners bring back some smiles to Sydney Angle's teammates
- 5790Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients