Permanent Practice Facility Site Selected
SACRAMENTO, Calif. – The site of the Thunder’s permanent practice facility has been tentative selected, the team announced Friday.Pending certain evaluation and testing, the site will be an eight acre tract of land at Britton Ave. and Broadway Extension in northeast Oklahoma City currently owned by Kickingbird Medical Building, LLC.
The City Council on Tuesday will consider a proposal for an early entry agreement with the property owner to conduct a due diligence evaluation, inspection and survey of the property to ensure its viability, according to the team’s release.
The practice facility is expected to be completed in time for the 2010-11 NBA season. The Thunder’s is currently using a temporary facility in north Oklahoma City.
The new facility will cost approximately $20 million, funded by the extension of a 1-cent sales tax Oklahoma City voters approved in March to raise approximately $121 million to fund Ford Center improvements and the permanent training facility.
VIDEOS FROM NBA TV
Buy Tickets View all
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 79875Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 16375OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 12357Oklahoma tornado: Names of dead released; missing individuals located
- 12103Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 12064Clippers' Donald Sterling hints coach let go to keep Chris Paul
- 10249Oklahoma tornadoes: Red Cross text donations not designated for Oklahoma
- 9002How to help tornado victims
- 8692Oklahoma tornadoes: Oklahoma tornado victims identified
- 8481Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 8426Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients