Thunder Pick Up Durant, Green Options
The Thunder has exercised the third-year options on the contracts of Kevin Durant and Jeff Green, keeping them with the franchise through the 2009-10 season.
The team had until Oct. 31 to exercise its options on last year’s No. 2 and No. 5 overall picks or both players would have entered next summer as unrestricted free agents.
The Thunder holds fourth-year team options on both players, which must be extended by Oct. 31, 2009 to keep Durant and Green with the franchise through the 2010-11 season.
If the Thunder exercises the fourth-year options on Durant and Green for 2010-11, both players could become restricted free agents in the summer of 2011. The Thunder, however, can begin negotiations for contract extensions in July 2010. The team will have until Oct. 31, 2010 to reach an agreement with both players on extensions to prevent them from becoming restricted free agents.
Durant, last year’s Rookie of the Year, averaged 20.3 points, 4.3 rebounds and 2.4 assists in 80 games. Green, who joined Durant as an All-Rookie First Team selection, averaged 10.5 points, 4.7 rebounds and 1.5 assists.
VIDEOS FROM NBA TV
Buy Tickets View all
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 17844Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale - performance episode
- 15135Oklahoma storms: Profile of Life: Megan and Case Futrell
- 11465Police shoot, kill man holding child hostage in Midwest City
- 11153'Firehouse' in Oklahoma City's Deep Deuce is set to become new home
- 10637Norman man threatens Oklahoma Gov. Fallin's 'child' and local sheriff in emails
- 8906OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 8210Dillon Overton rips former Sooners coach Sunny Golloway on Twitter
- 6899Red meat might be delicious, but not as nutritious
- 6524Brad Lund granted two-year lease to Taft Stadium for soccer team
- 6213Was Special Treatment Given in Oklahoma Vice Mayor DUI Traffic Stop?
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients