Open Practice Plan
The Thunder took today off for some much needed rest and relaxation to a banged up bunch. The boys will get back at it Monday with an open practice at the Ford Center. I’ll have a full note on the details of the practice in Monday’s paper but here’s the plan…..
The session will start at 6 p.m. and doors open at 5:30. Free tickets for the practice will be distributed at the doors of the Ford Center. Seating is general admission. The Thunder Girls will be on hand and activities will be available throughout the concourse.
Coach P.J. Carlesimo said the team will begin stretching at 6 p.m. before going into drills and other routine practice exercises over the next 45 minutes. The Thunder will scrimmage from 7 to 8, playing either two 10-minute quarters or two 12-minute quarters. Carlesimo estimated the session will draw more than 15,000 fans.
“The purpose behind an open practice is for other people to be able to come in and see the practice,” said Carlesimo. ”In this case, for a lot of people who may not be able to get to a lot of games or any games it’s a chance for them to see the team.”
Said Kevin Durant: ”It’s fun for the fans to get to see the team up close and personal as far as a practice setting. But it’s also going to be fun for us to see the fans and interact with the fans as well.”
In other news, be sure to check out Mike Baldwin’s piece from today about Jeff Green. Baldwin also lays out how favorable the Thunder’s early schedule is, noting that 25 of the first 51 games are against non-playoff teams from last season. (That’s part of the reason I think this team can eclipse 32 wins. Getting off to a good start and building confidence will be big.) Also, in Monday’s paper I’m writing about the two words you should know that will help this team win more.
VIDEOS FROM NBA TV
Buy Tickets View all
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 4046At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 3397Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 3003How to help tornado victims
- 2509Read live updates from the May 20 Moore tornado
- 1115Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 620Oklahoma twister tracked path of 1999 tornado
- 439Twitter reaction from the sports world on the Moore/OKC tornadoes
- 371Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 366Hospitals treat more than 120 after Oklahoma tornado
- 314OKC Thunder: Thunder stuck with worst-case scenario
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients