Odds and Ends
* You can get the game shoes off Chris Paul’s feet. Paul is auctioning his game shoes from the Thunder-Hornets game on Nov. 21 at the Ford Center on EBay. The proceeds will go to the Boys and Girls Club of Oklahoma City. Paul wanted to give back to Oklahoma City, his first NBA home, and he’s found a way to please a zealous fan with a collector’s item while also giving to charity. I’ll have more on this in the coming days.
* Utah coach Jerry Sloan is going for his 1,000th win with the Jazz in Friday’s game against the Thunder, which can’t be a good thing for an OKC team already playing a team that went 37-4 at home last season. Sloan is in his 21st season as coach of the Jazz, and no other coach has come close to 1,000 wins with the same team. Red Auerbach is second on the list with 795 wins with one team. Since Sloan was hired, 219 coaching changes have been made by other NBA teams.
* Those of you who like to listen to Thunder games on the radio rather than watching them on T.V., or simply prefer hearing the action on the radio while watching it on T.V., expect a new voice Friday. Veteran NBA broadcaster Jim Durham will be the radio play-by-play man against the Jazz, substituting for Matt Pinto who, along with his wife, are awaiting the birth of their first child. Durham will also call Sunday’s game against Atlanta and possibly more if needed. Durham has spent more than 32 years calling NBA games on T.V. and radio. He has previously worked with the Chicago Bulls, Dallas Mavericks, TNT and TBS. His stint with the Bulls came during the Michael Jordan-Scottie Pippen-led championship days. Durham also has called NCAA Tournament games for CBS and has called games for ESPN and ESPN Radio since 1995.
And finally, BetUS.com, which describes itself as “the largest most successful sportsbook on the Web,” has posted odds and predictions for the season and the Thunder is listed in several categories.
Kevind Durant: 30/1 (LeBron James and Kobe Bryant are co-favorites at 5/2)
OKC: 200/1 (ahead of Memphis, 250/1, and tied with Sacramento)
VIDEOS FROM NBA TV
Buy Tickets View all
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 22176Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 12149Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 10702Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 8951Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 8805Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 8651Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 8107Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 7311Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 7062Oklahoma tornadoes: Sooners bring back some smiles to Sydney Angle's teammates
- 6971UPDATE: Search continues for boy, 17, missing in Uncle John Creek in Kingfisher
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients