Pure Romance & Mo Diggity
In response to a reader e-mail asking what some of the other Thunder players’ nicknames are after reading that Nenad Krstic’s new teammates have taken to calling him “Krispy,” I went nickname hunting before last night’s game against the Knicks.
I was disappointed in the results. This team has some pretty dull if not lame nicknames. A few good ones but mostly bland.
Chris Wilcox: Weezy
Joe Smith: Joe Beast, Crack, Joe B.
Kevin Durant: KD (his favorite), K-Smoove, J.B. (from Russell Westbrook, who won’t say why)
Jeff Green: Greenery, Young Dro (From Desmond Mason, who says Green looks like the rapper, seen at left below.)
Nick Collison: Nick, Nicholas, Nick, Nick, Nicky Barnes (the last two from Durant)
Desmond Mason: Mase, D-Mase, Murder (from Joe Smith), Decaon Mase (from Russell Westbrook).
Earl Watson: E-Wat, Wat.
Kyle Weaver: Weave
Russell Westbrook: Russ, Rook, Slim, Dust (the last two from Durant)
D.J. White: Deej.
Damien Wilkins: Damo
Mo Sene: Mo Diggity, Moham (from Durant), Homeboy (from Westbrook)
Johan Petro: Pure Romance (As Damien Wilkins says, “That dude thinks he’s too suave. He puts on a bunch of cologne and be on the massage table for like five hours.” Petro says he’ll take it.)
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 90847Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 47098Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 30921Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims
- 10724Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 8728Bounty hunters look for bail jumpers, fugitives on the streets of Oklahoma City
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients