Thunder Acquires Chucky Atkins
By Darnell Mayberry
The Thunder has traded for Denver point guard Chucky Atkins, sending reserve center Johan Petro to the Nuggets.
Oklahoma City will also receive the Nuggets’ first round pick in the 2009 draft and give Denver a second-round pick in this year’s draft.
The deal, which was first reported by the Denver Post and is expected to be announced later today, will give the Thunder three first-round draft picks in this year’s draft.
Atkins, a 10-year veteran, is averaging 1.9 points, 2.0 assists and 8.2 minutes in 14 games this season. Petro was averaging 4.6 points and 4.3 rebounds in 22 games.
VIDEOS FROM NBA TV
Buy Tickets View all
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 24190Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 13456Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 11113Tom Ward is out as SandRidge's CEO
- 10453UPDATE: I-40 reopened at Shields after fatal wreck
- 7895Oklahoma State football: A stunning success story at the box office
- 6976Oklahoma State football: Mike Gundy lifts Wes Lunt restrictions, but too late
- 6568Prosecutors say stolen car was at heart of 2011 fatal shootings in Oklahoma City
- 6301Get App-y: Google Glass to offer heads-up computing
- 6165Team Blake's Danielle Bradbery wins "The Voice"; The Swon Brothers finish in third place
- 4992Will Oklahomans get on board with new water toy?
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients