Thunder 109, Bulls 98
Observations, news and notes from Saturday’s game…..
* 15-4 in the overtime period is about as dominant as a team can be. That was one of the few times OKC stepped on a team when it smelled blood.
* How Jeff Green, Russell Westbrook and Earl Watson went a combined 11-for-47 is a mystery.
* How OKC won despite their poor shooting night can be explained in OKC’s rebounding advantage (59-37), second-chance points advantage (28-12) and free throw advantage (28-for-34 to 13-for-18).
* Overshadowed in this game was the Thunder’s exceptional ball movement and complete lack thereof down the stretch. The Thunder entered the fourth with 21 assists on 32 made baskets. Over the final 17 minutes, including overtime, OKC had only four assists on eight made baskets. Normally, four on eight isn’t bad. But they only had eight made baskets because they stopped moving the ball and started playing one-one-one ball. The shots got tougher, were taken late in the shot clock and the Bulls made them pay at the other end.
VIDEOS FROM NBA TV
Buy Tickets View all
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 21543Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 10852Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 8707Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 8666Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 8648Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 7837Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 7718Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 7246UPDATE: Search continues for boy, 17, missing in Uncle John Creek in Kingfisher
- 6857Oklahoma tornadoes: Sooners bring back some smiles to Sydney Angle's teammates
- 5852Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients