Duncan won’t play for Spurs
San Antonio Spurs coach Gregg Popovich said Tim Duncan will not play tonight to try and limit his All-Star forward’s minutes the second half of the season.
Duncan has played 29 consecutive games the past two months dating back to the first meeting with Oklahoma City on Nov. 11, when Duncan returned after missing two games with a sprained ankle.
Averaging 20.1 points, 10.4 rebounds and 1.9 blocks, Duncan played 40 minutes Tuesday night in a win over the Los Angeles Lakers.
“It’s time to start (resting him),” Popovich said. “It’s the second half of the season. It’s part of rest and recovery. He started it last summer when he started doing his workouts a month later. We’re going to continue it by making his sit out more back-to-backs than we ever have before. We’ll see if it pays dividends come playoff time.”
VIDEOS FROM NBA TV
Buy Tickets View all
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 10394Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 9157Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 5761Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4888Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 4371Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law
- 4162How to help tornado victims
- 4108Oklahoma tornadoes: Lack of storm shelters floors newcomers to Tornado Alley
- 4097OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M
- 4009Woman's body found in Payne County; two arrested
- 3995Oklahoma tornadoes: Price family recovering after some heavy blows
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients