Duncan won't play for Spurs
San Antonio Spurs coach Gregg Popovich said Tim Duncan will not play tonight to try and limit his All-Star forward’s minutes the second half of the season.
Duncan has played 29 consecutive games the past two months dating back to the first meeting with Oklahoma City on Nov. 11, when Duncan returned after missing two games with a sprained ankle.
Averaging 20.1 points, 10.4 rebounds and 1.9 blocks, Duncan played 40 minutes Tuesday night in a win over the Los Angeles Lakers.
“It’s time to start (resting him),” Popovich said. “It’s the second half of the season. It’s part of rest and recovery. He started it last summer when he started doing his workouts a month later. We’re going to continue it by making his sit out more back-to-backs than we ever have before. We’ll see if it pays dividends come playoff time.”
VIDEOS FROM NBA TV
Buy Tickets View all
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 101218Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15357OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 13402Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8724Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 8110How to help tornado victims
- 8098Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8041Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort
- 6720Oklahoma tornadoes: Oklahoma singer packs tour bus with donations for storm victims
- 6515Oklahoma tornadoes: Red Cross text donations not designated for Oklahoma
- 5990Oklahoma tornadoes: Tornado leaves family members in two hospitals and one dead
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients