Durant’s tone speaks volumes
After experiencing another frustrating, 1-point loss against a playoff tested Western Conference powerhouse, Kevin Durant was sullen during his post-game interview.
“This is a tough one to swallow,” Durant said, choked up, his tone revealing more than the words.
Flash back to last season. A young Thunder team started 3-29 but finished with some momentum by going 20-30 over the final 50 games. But after tough losses, there was an aw-shucks, we’re-young, we’re-learning demeanor.
Durant’s reaction Friday night was the complete opposite. This loss stung. It hurt. Which is a good thing. He talked about the Thunder having another game tonight against the Miami Heat, which is true. But it was Durant’s comment a few minutes later that was the most revealing of all.
“We’re going to find a way to win these games,” Durant said with a determination in his voice. “I can guarantee you that.”
Two bizarre plays, and a questionable call, were the difference in the Thunder going 2-0 against the Spurs and Mavericks instead of a frustrating 0-2.
Manu Ginboili’s diving-out-of-bounds save helped set up Richard Jefferson’s game-deciding basket in the Ford Center Wednesday night. It just as easily could have been a Spurs turnover and a Thunder win.
Then in the final seconds Friday night at Dallas, Jason Terry misses the first of two free throws with 4.7 seconds left. Terry claims he intentionally missed the second, knowing OKC was out of timeouts.
VIDEOS FROM NBA TV
Buy Tickets View all
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 10457Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 9286Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 5848Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4983Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 4420Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law
- 4301Oklahoma tornadoes: Price family recovering after some heavy blows
- 4216How to help tornado victims
- 4195Oklahoma tornadoes: Lack of storm shelters floors newcomers to Tornado Alley
- 4147Woman's body found in Payne County; two arrested
- 4123OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients