Durant's tone speaks volumes
After experiencing another frustrating, 1-point loss against a playoff tested Western Conference powerhouse, Kevin Durant was sullen during his post-game interview.
“This is a tough one to swallow,” Durant said, choked up, his tone revealing more than the words.
Flash back to last season. A young Thunder team started 3-29 but finished with some momentum by going 20-30 over the final 50 games. But after tough losses, there was an aw-shucks, we’re-young, we’re-learning demeanor.
Durant’s reaction Friday night was the complete opposite. This loss stung. It hurt. Which is a good thing. He talked about the Thunder having another game tonight against the Miami Heat, which is true. But it was Durant’s comment a few minutes later that was the most revealing of all.
“We’re going to find a way to win these games,” Durant said with a determination in his voice. “I can guarantee you that.”
Two bizarre plays, and a questionable call, were the difference in the Thunder going 2-0 against the Spurs and Mavericks instead of a frustrating 0-2.
Manu Ginboili’s diving-out-of-bounds save helped set up Richard Jefferson’s game-deciding basket in the Ford Center Wednesday night. It just as easily could have been a Spurs turnover and a Thunder win.
Then in the final seconds Friday night at Dallas, Jason Terry misses the first of two free throws with 4.7 seconds left. Terry claims he intentionally missed the second, knowing OKC was out of timeouts.
VIDEOS FROM NBA TV
Buy Tickets View all
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 13704Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 13572OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 9488Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 7226Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 6986Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 5704Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 5041Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 5013Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 4557Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 4155Several factors come into play on whether Kevin Martin returns to Thunder
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients