Collison to sit Atlanta game
Veteran Thunder forward Nick Collison will not play today against the Atlanta Hawks after suffering a concussion in the fourth quarter Saturday night against Miami.
Collison said Jamaal Magloire’s forearm struck him on the bridge of the nose during “a tie-up” when they were battling for a loose ball. Collison was a llittle woozy but finished the game. After discovering Collison suffered concussion symptoms, a Thunder employee had to drive Collison home Saturday night.
Collison is with the team which begins a week-long, four-game road trip at 1 p.m. against Atlanta. Collison said he’s feeling better Monday and hopes to play Wednesday at Minnesota but doctors will have to see how he progresses the next two days before reaching a decision on Wednesday’s game.
Collison is averaging 5.8 points and 5.1 rebounds but has played better the past six weeks after overcoming early-season ankle and sprained knee injuries. Collison has even played pivotal minutes late in games.
Coach Scott Brooks said he will weigh all his options during the game before deciding how to divide Collison’s customary 20 minutes a game.
VIDEOS FROM NBA TV
Buy Tickets View all
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 21543Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 10852Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 8707Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 8666Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 8648Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 7837Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 7718Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 7246UPDATE: Search continues for boy, 17, missing in Uncle John Creek in Kingfisher
- 6857Oklahoma tornadoes: Sooners bring back some smiles to Sydney Angle's teammates
- 5852Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients