Kevin Durant’s No. 35 Thunder jersey is in the top 15 in league-wide sales for the first time since his rookie, the league announced today. Durant’s jersey is 15th behind Philadelphia’s Allen Iverson.
Los Angeles Lakers guard Kobe Bryant’s No. 24 jersey is the league’s top seller, followed by Cleveland’s LeBron James’ No. 23 and Orlando’s Dwight Howard’s No. 12. The entire top 15:
1. Kobe Bryant, Los Angeles Lakers
2. LeBron James, Cleveland Cavaliers
3. Dwight Howard, Orlando Magic
4. Derrick Rose, Chicago Bulls
5. Dwyane Wade, Miami Heat
6. Kevin Garnett, Boston Celtics
7. Chris Paul, New Orleans Hornets
8. Paul Pierce, Boston Celtics
9. Shaquille O’Neal, Cleveland Cavaliers
10. Pau Gasol, Los Angeles Lakers
11. Carmelo Anthony, Denver Nuggets
12. Steve Nash, Phoenix Suns
13. David Lee, New York Knicks
14. Allen Iverson, Philadelphia 76ers
15. Kevin Durant, Oklahoma City Thunder.
(Let me just say that I can’t believe David Lee jerseys have been sold better than Kevin Durant’s.)
Also, NBATV tonight will air some behind-the-scenes footage of the NBA D-League Showcase that took place in Boise from Jan. 4-7. The show features interviews with players, including Tulsa 66ers forward Latavious Williams, who became the first high school player to go straight to the D-League. 66ers coach Nate Tibbetts also was wired during one of the games.
The show airs at 6:30 p.m. and re-airs tonight at 10:30.