Thunder-Warriors Pre-Game Notes
OAKLAND, Calif. — The Thunder is catching a break heading into tonight’s game against the Golden State Warriors. Guards Marco Belinelli (knee) and C.J. Watson (toe) and forward Brandan Wright (shoulder) are all out with injuries. Guard Monta Ellis, who hasn’t played all season, is close to returning but will not play tonight.
The question is, can OKC take advantage?
The Thunder, if you remember, couldn’t do as much the first time these two teams met on Dec. 8. OKC lost 112-102 despite Golden State’s best two players, Stephen Jackson and Corey Maggette, sitting out with injuries. And while the aforementioned list of names might not sound intimidating, it was in that game that Belinelli, Watson and Wright combined for 38 points, nine rebounds and four steals and helped deal the Thunder what was then its worst loss of the season.
Watson scored 16 and Wright had 13 points in the Thunder’s 107-100 win on New Year’s Eve, so it helps the Thunder not having those guys in the lineup.
But Jackson and Maggette are both in the lineup, giving the Warriors a solid three-pronged attack when you include Jamal Crawford.
A few notes…….
* Expect the same starting unit for the Thunder — Russell Westbrook, Desmond Mason, Kevin Durant, Jeff Green and Nick Collison.
* Joe Smith is out with a knee injury.
* The Thunder is trying to become a good road team. OKC played well in its last two away from the Ford Center at Chicago and at New Jersey and look to build on that success tonight.
VIDEOS FROM NBA TV
Buy Tickets View all
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 20415Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 7078Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 7023OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 6616OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 5593Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 4449Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 4211Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 4167Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 3427Four burning questions - Was the Thunder's season a failure?
- 3248Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients