All-Star Game leftovers
With Sunday’s All-Star Game finishing late, listed below are some post-game locker-room quotes on the two hottest subjects:
1) The record crowd of 108,713
2) LeBron James and Dwyane Wade, both free agents this summer, possibly signing with the same team.
ON THE RECORD CROWD:
West coach GEORGE KARL: “As I told the team before the game there have been four or five experiences in my life that I’ve been shut up or humbled or quieted. The presence of Arnold Palmer the first time I met him. When I met Bill Clinton in the White House… From the scoreboard to the 100,000 people, to just the brand of basketball that was played, there was just a lot of classy stuff.”
LeBRON JAMES: “This was unbelievable to be in front of 108,000. That was actually what it was. That was not a false number. You could look up in the stands and there was not a seat open. To be part of history is something that you always wish and dream for. I’ve been part of some historical events, being a part of the 2008 Olympics. When we played in China it was the largest international game in Olympic history. To be part of another historical event tonight it’s humbling.”
DIRK NOWITZKI: “It was an unreal experience and I’ll always remember this for the rest of my life and so will probably all the other guys. Just to compete and be in it at the end of the game, and have a chance to win, was great.”
VIDEOS FROM NBA TV
Buy Tickets View all
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 81708Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 16515OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 12409Oklahoma tornado: Names of dead released; missing individuals located
- 12217Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 12064Clippers' Donald Sterling hints coach let go to keep Chris Paul
- 10403Oklahoma tornadoes: Red Cross text donations not designated for Oklahoma
- 9163How to help tornado victims
- 8707Oklahoma tornadoes: Oklahoma tornado victims identified
- 8558Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8505Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients