Thunder Acquires Bulls Guard Thabo Sefolosha?
According to a report on SI.com, the Thunder has acquired guard Thabo Sefolosha from Chicago in exchange for a 2009 first-round draft pick.
Sefolosha, a 6-7 wingman, is in his third season from Switzerland. He holds career averages 5.0 points, 2.9 rebounds and 1.4 assists in 183 games.
Sefolosha, 24, was the 13th overall pick in the 2006 draft. He’s known as an athletic and versatile player who can rebound, defend and has a nice mix of offensive ability. Sefolosha fits the mold of a young player that Thunder general manager Sam Presti covets who can grow with the team’s current young nuclues of Kevin Durant, Jeff Green and Russell Westbrook.
Sefolosha is making $1.9 million this season and has one year remaining on his contract at $2.7 million for 2009-10.
Sefolosha is likely to start at shooting guard, replacing rookie guard Kyle Weaver.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 18732Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 15952Read live updates from the May 20 Moore tornado
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 10745How to help tornado victims
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 2753Oklahoma twister tracked path of 1999 tornado
- 2638Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 2099Twitter reaction from the sports world on the Moore/OKC tornadoes
- 1489Police: School near OKC directly hit by tornado
- 1234Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients