Thunder To Waive Mo Sene
After making two deadline-day trades that bumped its roster to 16 players, the Thunder is expected to waive seldom-used reserve center Mo Sene, according to a league source with knowledge of the team’s plans.
NBA teams are allowed to carry only 15 players, and the acquisition of Thabo Sefolosha and Malik Rose pushed the Thunder’s roster over the limit.
Sene is in the final year of a deal that pays him $2.2 million this season. The Thunder will be responsible for the remaining portion of Sene’s contract. Sene will be placed on waivers for 48 hours, but it’s unlikely a team will claim him off waivers. After 48 hours, Sene will become an unrestricted free agent and can sign with any team. Sene is averaging 3.4 points and 1.8 rebounds in five games this season.
In other news, the Thunder has announced the deal with New York for Rose but have yet to announce the trade with Chicago for Sefolosha. But I have confirmed the Sefolosha trade and just got off the phone with Sefolosha. He said he is excited to join the Thunder and looks forward to starting a new chapter in his career in Oklahoma. I’ll post more of his reaction here soon.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 36528Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 32802Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 32453Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 8406Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 5462OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 3890Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?
- 3494College football: Coaches, athletes weigh in on NCAA's suspended recruiting proposals
- 3313George Nigh has long been 'Four' Oklahoma
- 3240Brittney Griner: Kim Mulkey said keep quiet on sexuality
- 3193Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients