Krstic To Start Against Suns
PHOENIX – Thunder center Nenad Krstic will make his second start of the season tonight against the Phoenix Suns.
Krstic will replace Nick Collison in the starting lineup, as Thunder coach Scott Brooks attempts to adjust his lineup to better match up with Suns center Shaquille O’Neal.
The move, however, is expected to be for more than just a single game.
“We’re just going to change it up and give him an opportunity to start,” Brooks said. “It’s nothing against Nick. Nick’s been playing very well for us. It just gives us a different look. They both are going to play good minutes. We want them to both play well. We don’t know if it’s permanent. We don’t know how long it’s going to be.”
Since signing a free agent contract with the Thunder on Dec. 30, Krstic has averaged 8.5 points, 5.3 rebounds and 23.3 minutes in 18 games. Krstic made his only other start of the season against Detroit on Jan. 16.
VIDEOS FROM NBA TV
Buy Tickets View all
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 24190Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 13456Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 11113Tom Ward is out as SandRidge's CEO
- 10453UPDATE: I-40 reopened at Shields after fatal wreck
- 7895Oklahoma State football: A stunning success story at the box office
- 6976Oklahoma State football: Mike Gundy lifts Wes Lunt restrictions, but too late
- 6568Prosecutors say stolen car was at heart of 2011 fatal shootings in Oklahoma City
- 6301Get App-y: Google Glass to offer heads-up computing
- 6165Team Blake's Danielle Bradbery wins "The Voice"; The Swon Brothers finish in third place
- 4992Will Oklahomans get on board with new water toy?
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients