Kevin Durant Getting Two The Easy Way
Kevin Durant began working on the newest addition to his offensive arsenal back on Oct. 11 during a preseason game at Golden State.
Only now is he coming close to perfecting it.
Durant is now baiting defenders into fouls and getting an easy trip to the free throw line at least once a game by sweeping the ball through his defender’s arms. It’s a move that San Antonio forward Tim Duncan has patented and players like Kobe Bryant, Allen Iverson and Dwight Howard routinely use to get easy points at the foul line.
“It’s a good move if the defender has an extended arm that’s not vertically raised,” said Thunder coach Scott Brooks. “Guys have to guard him close and squeeze up on him because he has such a nice (shooting) stroke. So when guys do that it gives him the ability to draw those fouls.”
Durant pulled the move against Golden State guard Stephen Jackson in the second half of the Thunder’s loss at Golden State last Saturday. He got Los Angeles Lakers forward Trevor Ariza with the move with 3:48 remaining Tuesday at the Ford Center.
“I’ve been watching guys hands and arms to see how close they are to my body, and if they’re all the way off that’s when I’ve got an opportunity to shoot my shot,” Durant said. ”If they’re on me too close, I sweep it through and try to get some free throws. I think that kind of gets me going a little bit.”
VIDEOS FROM NBA TV
Buy Tickets View all
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 21543Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 10852Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 8707Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 8666Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 8648Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 7837Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 7718Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 7246UPDATE: Search continues for boy, 17, missing in Uncle John Creek in Kingfisher
- 6857Oklahoma tornadoes: Sooners bring back some smiles to Sydney Angle's teammates
- 5852Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients