Thunder Puts Media Through Practice
(There have been much worse defensive stances.)
Things got kind of ugly at the Thunder’s practice facility today.
After the Thunder wrapped up its daily session, coach Scott Brooks and his staff put 14 media members through an authentic team practice. The idea was to give us a first-hand account of what the players and coaches go through on a daily basis to prepare for an NBA game. The 60-minute session was an enlightening experience considering much of practice is closed to the media and we rarely get to see much more than the team shooting free throws by the time we’re allowed in.
Be sure to pick up a copy of Wednesday’s editions of The Oklahoman or check out our Thunder coverage at NewsOK.com for my full breakdown of exactly what we were put through.
Camera crews weren’t allowed in so (fortunately) you won’t see any video of our experience on the local news. The downside to that is we weren’t allowed to film for our Web site either.
But Bob Barry Jr., Toby Rowland, Mark Rodgers, Matt Reese and Thunder sideline reporter Brent Weber were just a few of the media members in attendance.
I came out unscathed. Weber, on the other hand, broke his right wrist when he fell following a layup attempt.
VIDEOS FROM NBA TV
Buy Tickets View all
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 17746Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale - performance episode
- 14365Oklahoma storms: Profile of Life: Megan and Case Futrell
- 11370Police shoot, kill man holding child hostage in Midwest City
- 10980'Firehouse' in Oklahoma City's Deep Deuce is set to become new home
- 10448Norman man threatens Oklahoma Gov. Fallin's 'child' and local sheriff in emails
- 9120Dillon Overton rips former Sooners coach Sunny Golloway on Twitter
- 7765OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 6828Red meat might be delicious, but not as nutritious
- 6277Brad Lund granted two-year lease to Taft Stadium for soccer team
- 5681Two teacher programs at Oklahoma universities called ineffective
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients