Green back, Collison out
SACRAMENTO, Calif. — Jeff Green will return to the Thunder’s lineup tonight against Sacramento, but the Thunder has lost power forward Nick Collison to a groin injury.
It leaves the Thunder with a starting lineup tonight of Russell Westbrook, Kyle Weaver, Thabo Sefolosha, Green and Nenad Krstic.
Green said his back is 100 percent and he wouldn’t return if it wasn’t.
“Everything’s not going to be right on point right away,” Green said. “But I’m going to go out there and go 110 percent and be ready.”
But with the second game of a back-to-back tomorrow night in Denver, Thunder coach Scott Brooks said he is likely to limit Green’s minutes to less than the 41.1 he averaged in February but plans on playing his second leading scorer in both games.
“We’re going to definitely keep an eye on his minutes,” said Brooks. “We’re not going to go nuts. I’m going to be in constant communication with him throughout the game and see how he’s feeling and how his conditioning is. But Jeff is an incredible athlete and in great condition. I don’t see myself going into the 40s with him, but I can see low 30s.”
Kevin Durant, meanwhile, is still out while recovering from a sprained right ankle and the team is still listing him as day-to-day. He’s continuing to participate in pre-game shooting but the team is not going to rush him back and wants to make sure his ankle is completely healed before clearing him to return.
VIDEOS FROM NBA TV
Buy Tickets View all
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 19471Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 14514Tom Ward is out as SandRidge's CEO
- 10937UPDATE: I-40 reopened at Shields after fatal wreck
- 9667Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 8444Will Oklahomans get on board with new water toy?
- 7027Oklahoma State football: A stunning success story at the box office
- 5625Oklahoma State football: Mike Gundy lifts Wes Lunt restrictions, but too late
- 5257Get App-y: Google Glass to offer heads-up computing
- 4924Prosecutors say stolen car was at heart of 2011 fatal shootings in Oklahoma City
- 4923Team Blake's Danielle Bradbery wins "The Voice"; The Swon Brothers finish in third place
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients