Jazz 101, Thunder 94
Observations, news and notes from Friday night’s game…….
* Deron Williams, much like Derrick Rose Wednesday night, stole the show and the game from the Thunder.
* Apparently D-Will took offense at the Thunder attacking him….”The young guys tried to come at me in the first quarter a little bit,” Williams said. “I was just trying to get everyone involved and I thought we were doing a good job of executing. There wasn’t a need for me to force anything and get eight turnovers…Mehmet (Okur) went down in the first half so I just thought that I better get it going a little bit.”
* Williams did have some good things to say about OKC: “This is a tough team. The coach is doing a great job over there. This time of year young teams are playing great. They are playing like playoff teams. They are dangerous and have some young superstars over there. They are going to be really good in a couple of years.”
* Brooks had to switch Thabo Sefolosha onto Williams halfway through the second quarter. It didn’t help. In fact, it got worse.
* Sefolosha finished with one steal tonight, the eighth straight game that he’s finished with at least one steal.
* Okur, if you don’t know, got poked in the eye by Chucky Atkins and left the game with 7:41 left in the second quarter. Jazz officials said he was seeing double in the locker room.
* That’s about the only thing Chucky did right tonight — zero points on 0-for-4 shooting, all of them coming from downtown. He had three assists, two rebounds and two fouls in 18 minutes. How many of you are dying to get Earl Watson back on the court now?
VIDEOS FROM NBA TV
Buy Tickets View all
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 90847Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 47098Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 30921Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims
- 10724Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 8728Bounty hunters look for bail jumpers, fugitives on the streets of Oklahoma City
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients