Thunder Recall D.J. White
Rookie forward D.J. White has rejoined the Thunder after spending the past week with the Tulsa 66ers.
As I wrote in today’s editions of The Oklahoman, White is a player for those that don’t know yet, one who should really be able to help OKC with rebounding and scoring from the low post and high post.
White, the 29th overall pick who has yet to play this season because of a jaw injury, played three games with the 66ers. He averaged 17.3 points, 9.7 rebounds, 2.0 blocks and 1.0 assists in 37.7 minutes per game.
After undergoing two surgeries this season to remove and repair a benign growth in his jaw, White was cleared to resume all full-contact activity last Monday. The Thunder did not practice today, and it’s unclear if Thunder coach Scott Brooks will throw White in the rotation Tuesday against the Los Angeles Lakers.
White has yet to participate in a full practice with the Thunder this season. His initial surgery was Oct. 13 to remove a benign growth from his jaw. He underwent a second procedure on Jan. 4 to take a bone graft from his hip and mend the bone in his jaw.
But White’s minutes increased in each of his three games with Tulsa, going from 32 to 40 to 41.
“The biggest adjustment is just conditioning,” White said. “I’m just trying to get my wind back and trying to get a better feel for the game…It’s just a matter of getting back into it. I took six months off so I just want to keep working hard and see what happens.”
VIDEOS FROM NBA TV
Buy Tickets View all
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 16804Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 8821OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 6453Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 5885Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 5756OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 4970Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 4920Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 3637Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 3548Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 3516As Boy Scouts' vote on gay members nears, faith groups weigh in
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients