Pierce questionable for tonight’s game
BOSTON — Celtics All-Star forward Paul Pierce is questionable for tonight’s game against the Thunder at TD Garden.
Pierce, averaging a team high 18.2 points, suffered a “stinger” Sunday night in a loss to San Antonio and reinjured his right shoulder Tuesday at practice.
“It’s a stinger, same exact reaction, looked worse,” Celtics coach Doc Rivers was quoted after Tuesday’s practice.
Rivers said doctors informed him Pierce will “be fine.” But after being hit on the left side by the Spurs Manu Ginobili in Sunday’s game, Pierce felt pain in his right shoulder and upper back but continued playing.
“He just got picked and went down,” Rivers was quoted. “You get concerned two days in a row, a game and a practice, and the exact same thing happens… It’s not a shoulder separation or anything. Probably worst case is he misses a game or two.”
The Celtics tonight will get back starting center Kendrick Perkins, who has missed two games with knee tendinitis. Perkins, who practiced Tuesday, said he’s been battling a sore knee the past two months.
Asked it the injury has affected his play, Perkins was quoted: “I think so. I can’t get up and really block shots like I want to, get up and rebound. But I’ve got to get the job done. Not trying to make excuses but it has (affected me).”
VIDEOS FROM NBA TV
Buy Tickets View all
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 10457Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 9286Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 5848Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4983Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 4420Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law
- 4301Oklahoma tornadoes: Price family recovering after some heavy blows
- 4216How to help tornado victims
- 4195Oklahoma tornadoes: Lack of storm shelters floors newcomers to Tornado Alley
- 4147Woman's body found in Payne County; two arrested
- 4123OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients