Pierce questionable for tonight's game
BOSTON — Celtics All-Star forward Paul Pierce is questionable for tonight’s game against the Thunder at TD Garden.
Pierce, averaging a team high 18.2 points, suffered a “stinger” Sunday night in a loss to San Antonio and reinjured his right shoulder Tuesday at practice.
“It’s a stinger, same exact reaction, looked worse,” Celtics coach Doc Rivers was quoted after Tuesday’s practice.
Rivers said doctors informed him Pierce will “be fine.” But after being hit on the left side by the Spurs Manu Ginobili in Sunday’s game, Pierce felt pain in his right shoulder and upper back but continued playing.
“He just got picked and went down,” Rivers was quoted. “You get concerned two days in a row, a game and a practice, and the exact same thing happens… It’s not a shoulder separation or anything. Probably worst case is he misses a game or two.”
The Celtics tonight will get back starting center Kendrick Perkins, who has missed two games with knee tendinitis. Perkins, who practiced Tuesday, said he’s been battling a sore knee the past two months.
Asked it the injury has affected his play, Perkins was quoted: “I think so. I can’t get up and really block shots like I want to, get up and rebound. But I’ve got to get the job done. Not trying to make excuses but it has (affected me).”
Boston won the first meeting 105-87 almost four months ago in the Ford Center, a game the Celtics dominated. Oklahoma City has gone 34-19 since that meeting while Boston is 24-21 since Christmas.
VIDEOS FROM NBA TV
Buy Tickets View all
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 90847Read live updates from the May 20 Moore tornado
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 13567Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 12400Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 7786Tornado in Oklahoma City suburb causes destruction
- 6766Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients