Thunder 126, Clippers 85
Observations, news and notes from Wednesday’s 126-85 win……..
* D.J. White finally showed how much of an impact he could have on the boards. His three blocked shots weren’t half bad either.
* Earl Watson’s final three games were truly….(wait for it)…..amazing. OK, so I went to far. But I think his averages of 12.3 points, 8.7 assists and 4.7 rebounds more accurately depicted the type of player he really is.
* With 26 points tonight, Kevin Durant finished sixth in the league in scoring at 25.3 per game.
* Shaun Livingston returned to the place where it all started for him and delighted the Los Angeles Clippers’ fans. He had six points, seven rebounds, two assists, one steal and zero turnovers in 33 minutes. Nice gesture by (full-time) head coach Scott Brooks to give him the starting nod in his return to L.A.
* Speaking of Brooks, allow me to clear up something from Wednesday’s editions of The Oklahoman. Russell Westbrook was not and is not opposed to Brooks. He was simply saying that the decision was not up to him and never gave a firm answer one way or the other. But I know for a fact that Westbrook enjoys Brooks as a person and as a coach. In fact, while I was interviewing Brooks before the game, Westbrook gave his coach a hard five as he walked by.
* Westbrook played in all 82 games. The only other rookies to pull the feat: Luc Mbah a Moute, Mario Chalmers, Jason Thompson, Marc Gasol, Brook Lopez and O.J. Mayo.
* Since I’m on rookies, thought I’d mention that I’m turning in my ballot for 2008-09 awards in when I wrap this up. My three-man ballot for the ROY award will read, Derrick Rose, O.J. Mayo and Brook Lopez.
* The Thunder flew back to OKC following the game and will meet the media bright and early Thursday morning before having exit interviews with Brooks and Presti and taking off. We’ll flood the session and collect lots of goodies one last time.
VIDEOS FROM NBA TV
Buy Tickets View all
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 24523Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15852Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 10645Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 9696Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 9156Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 8753Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 8578Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 7656Carrie Underwood donates $1 million to Red Cross for disaster relief in wake of deadly Oklahoma tornadoes
- 7634Oklahoma tornadoes: Sooners bring back some smiles to Sydney Angle's teammates
- 6870UPDATE: Search continues for boy, 17, missing in Uncle John Creek in Kingfisher
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients