Durant: “I wish I was in the playoffs”
Kevin Durant recently took time to be a guest on one of my favorite sports talk radio shows, the John Thompson show on ESPN 980 AM in Washington D.C. During the nearly eight-minute interview, Durant talked about the playoffs, the Kobe Bryant v. LeBron James debate and the Thunder’s outlook for next season.
Here’s a few snippets of the interview……
Q: Who’s better, Kobe Bryant or LeBron James…..
KD: “It’s hard to determine that. Once you play against those guys it’s hard to determine who’s best because they do different things for their teams. Just looking at different aspects of the game, I think Kobe’s a better scorer. Passing, I think LeBron’s a better passer. Rebounding, I think LeBron’s a better rebounder. So it’s just about what kind of player you want on your team. Both of those guys are great. So I’d have to say they’re the 1a and 1b of the best players in the league.”
Q: Which player he’d want on the Thunder…….
KD: “I think I’d rather have LeBron, because he does so much on the floor. He rebounds, he blocks shots and he passes.”
Q: On playing playoff basketball……
KD: “That’s what you live for. That’s what all the competitive great players live for is to try to take their team to the Finals. Once the regular season is over and it’s time for the playoffs, I think your whole mindset changes. You have to win games or you go home, or your season’s over with. It’s plain and simple. Every team wants to be the last team standing. With me, I know if I’m in that position I don’t worry about anything else but winning. Coming into practices and shoot-arounds being focused. Coming into film sessions being focused and not playing around. I think that once you step on that floor it’s all business. I can’t wait until our team gets in that position and hopefully we (don’t) take it for granted.”
VIDEOS FROM NBA TV
Buy Tickets View all
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 17917Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 11872Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 10569OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 10552Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 10275Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 9958Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 9874Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 5389Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 5156Will a MAPS 4 initiative involve a football stadium downtown?
- 4651'Hatchet hitchhiker' arrested after attorney found dead
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients