Is Charles Barkley Coming To OKC?
Could Hall of Fame NBA forward Charles Barkley finally be on the verge of keeping his word and coming to Oklahoma City?
That’s what the former five-time All-Star and league MVP said Monday night at halftime of the Thunder-Lakers game on TNT.
Barkley, now an analyst for the network, responded to a column that appeared in The Oklahoman on Jan. 13 that called him out for never visiting the city as he said he once said he would. Barkley originally said in 2006 during All-Star Weekend in Houston that he would make a trip to Oklahoma after calling the state “a vast wasteland” and “no place for black people.”
TNT host Ernie Johnson began the halftime show by asking Barkley about the column, which was written by Jenni Carlson, and whether Barkley would keep his word.
“Has it been five years?” Barkley asked. “Well, you know what? Jenni, you are a hundred percent correct. Now that you’ve got my good friend Scott Brooks there, and the great Maurice Cheeks, who I played with in Philly, I’ve got to come to Oklahoma City?”
When Johnson asked when he’s going to come, Barkley did not respond.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 19883Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 16750Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 12000Rx drug bills sent to Oklahoma governor
- 11023Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 8434Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 8422Tulsa man tells police he smashed woman's head with machete in self-defense
- 7521Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 6223Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 5055Oklahoma City psychiatrist fined $25K for letting students write prescriptions
- 4821Will a MAPS 4 initiative involve a football stadium downtown?
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients